Self Introduction Draft 2

 

Dear Prof Blackstone,

 

I am Nicholas Wong and I graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic studying multimedia & infocomm technology. During my studies in poly, I was learning how to program websites, photo editing and video editing which was a totally different course from what I am currently studying in SIT. However, during my internship, I learned about the different machineries which helps the data centre functions. This inspired me to pursue engineering as I want to learn more about the different machineries that are available especially about machineries that are related to cars.

For my strength, it would be my presentation skills. Even though I have stage fright, I can suppress that uneasy feeling and continue to present to the class. During poly, they emphasized on our presentation skills which helped to improve the way I gave a presentation.

As for my weakness, it would be writing skills. I am not able to present myself very well when it comes to writing with which I have been struggling since secondary school. I tend to struggle with writing down my thought process and expressing myself through words as I’m not a very descriptive person when it comes to writing.

My two goals would be wanting to further improve on my presentation skills and my writing skills. I hope that going through this module will help me improve on my strengths and weaknesses, which can help me in the future when I’m working or when I’m communicating with people be it higher-ups/ colleagues.

During my internship, I was able to apply what I have learned during my poly by helping them create a website for them to be able to keep track of their equipment. And the workplace environment was a fast paced one as we were dealing with our client’s servers which can cost the company hugely if the problem isn’t rectified quickly. Therefore, my adaptability has improved.

 

Best regards,

Nicholas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Introduction